2012/04/28

Y is For...

We are to the letter Y for the A to Z Challenge. I bet you know whom I selected that is correct Y is for Yoda.
The final computer-generated Yoda as seen in t...


 "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."

Yoda was one of the most renowned and powerful Jedi Masters in galactic history. He was known for his legendary wisdom, mastery of the Force and skills in lightsaber combat. Yoda served as a member of the Jedi High Council in the last centuries of the Galactic Republic and reigned as Grand Master of the Jedi Order before, during and after the devastating Clone Wars. Following the Battle of Geonosis, Yoda held the title of Master of the Order in addition to that of Grand Master. In his centuries of service to the galaxy and the Force, Grand Master Yoda had a hand in the training of nearly all the Jedi in the Order.

Though arguably the Order's greatest master of the Force and most skilled warrior, Yoda believed most firmly in the importance of instructing younger generations and never missed an opportunity to ensure his students learn from their experiences.

The Grand Master was among the few Jedi to survive the Emperor's  Great Jedi Purge, after the beginning of which, he went into exile on the swamp planet of Dagobah. The exiled Jedi Master was responsible for the instruction of Luke Skywalker who would use Yoda's training as a basis for the creation of a New Jedi Order.

Can you even imagine living for 900 years? Do you have any thoughts of Yoda?
Enhanced by Zemanta

10 comments:

  1. I wrote about Yoda for last year's Challenge. Yoda rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoda was the bomb! Excellent post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, can't believe I didn't think to write about Yoda today. Well, glad someone thought of it. He's a boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see that you stopped on over to read some about Yoda.

      Delete
  4. I feel like I have lived for 900 years already. I think parenting does that to you. Great post. Love the theme. Now to go back and read some of the previous entries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice see you stopping by my theme. I agree parenting does make you feel older..lol

      Delete
  5. 900 years... wow. That's nine lifetimes. I think if I lived that long I would use my time to write an entire library's worth of books. No one could ever read all my books in one lifetime. ;)

    This is the third or fourth Yoda post I've seen. Popular this theme is. Because awesome it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Yoda! I wish I had a Yoda in my life, mentor, guide...can you imagine! And I love that he has become a cultural icon. I have never confused anyone by out of the blue--just talking Yoda backwards talk :-) Great Post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Yoda, especially as he was in Episodes IV - VI. I'm not sure exactly what the difference was, perhaps he was just more mysterious in the original movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Lauren-you may write a couple libraries full of your great work.

    @Teresa-That would be great to have a mentor like Yoda in life...that would awesome.

    Janna- I think that he was a mysterious creature when he was introduced in TESB.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.