2012/04/20

R is For...

In the continuation of the A to Z Challenge in my post today. We are to the letter R and that is for R2D2.

I am not that sure how I could not use R2D2. He has been a fan favorite from the beginning scene of A New Hope. R2D2 was a resourceful and spunky, the droid developed an adventurous personality during his many decades of operation. Inside of his cylindrical frame were many arms, sensors, and other tools that could be extended to fulfill various needs, such as slicing computers, extinguishing fires, projecting holograms, repairing starships, and flying. He was the Swiss army knife of the Rebellion.

When forced into combat R2 held his own by using his wide variety of mechanical features to serve as weapons, such as using oil to blind his opponents or make them slip, shocking them with his shock prod, tying them up in a cable or simply bashing into them.

R2D2 and his counterpart C3P0 were always in the thick of the rebellion. I thought that R2 had more use and saved the Rebels more times that C3P0 had. I sometimes wondered what R2 was really saying with all his beeping. I guess only his partner would have known.

You share your favorite memories of R2D2  memories or just thoughts of him.
. .

11 comments:

  1. R2D2 and C3PO are two of the best characters in Star Wars. Their friendship is brilliant. If its possible I do think he's rather cute haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love R2D2! He is my absolute fav! I went as him with I was younger. No joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really..now that is so sweet and true finding a SW fan..:))

      Delete
  3. YES! An excellent "R" post! Love it. R2D2 was and always is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geeky Daddy another Star Wars post! LOL It's surprising that he has a such a wide arsenal for a service robot. My favorite scene is when C-3PO says, "No. I don't like you either." and R2 gives a sad little whistle. Funny and touching.
    - Maurice Mitchell
    The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
    @thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still cannot believe the amount of weapon that R2D2 had to choose from..crazzy. I loved the effects they used for R2.

      Delete
  5. I'm pretty sure that your theme is the best one I've came across over the AtoZ Challenge list. You're a man after my own heart. I'm going to have to go back and read all these posts now.

    Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you fro stopping by. I want to say thank you so much for the kind words for my theme.I am glad that you will be back.

      Delete
  6. Just stopped by from a-z, while sitting next to my star wars fan of a son! I was around 8 when the original Star Wars movie came out and I LOVED r2!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love R2D2 and his relationship with C3PO, they're both so funny together :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not to sound like a total girl here, but R2 is just so adorable. I wish wish wish I could have him following me around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.