2012/04/19

Q is For...



In the continuation of the A to Z Challenge in my post today. We are to the letter Q and that stands for Qui-Gon Jinn. 

He was a revered, yet maverick and unconventional Jedi Master. He was the Padawan to Count Dooku, and the mentor to Obi-Wan Kenobi and briefly Anakin Skywalker. Jinn often placed himself in conflict with the Jedi High Council. You have to like a guy you speaks his mind.He was deeply attuned to the Living Force, which contributed to him frequently taking side trips to help seemingly weak and useless life-forms. Despite his opposition to the council, he was regarded by many Jedi as sharp-witted and possessing great wisdom.
Jinn served the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Order his entire life, participating in actions against the Nebula Front, most famously during the Invasion of Naboo. It was Jinn who discovered the Chosen One, Anakin Skywalker, on Tatooine during this crisis and was largely responsible for championing his training. Even after his death at the hands of Darth Maul, he played a vital role in the legacy of the Jedi Order.

Imagine if he could trained Anakin the entire time instead of Obi-Wan Kenobi. It would have been interesting to see how things would have turned out.

I wish that we as an audience would have had more than one movie with Jinn. I hope you enjoyed the clip.

Do you this that Jinn would have kept Anakin from turning to the dark side of the force?

5 comments:

  1. He shouldn't have even found Anakin but then it would have made for a dull book/movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great word Geeky Daddy. I think if Qui-Gon had trained him Anakin would have been more disciplined. Obi-Wan was always arguing with him instead of just laying down the law.
    - Maurice Mitchell
    The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
    @thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you got lucky with Qui-Gon Jinn. That was a good Q post. Love the clip:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Another Star Wars nerd. It's great to find you! ;-)

    New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Danielle- You are correct, him not finding Anakin would have been a boring movie.

    @Maurice- Qui-Gon would have shown Anakin the ways of the force. He would have been trained as a student, not as a friend.

    @Mina-I agree I did get luck on this one. I think some of the letter now for more bloggers will be a challenge.

    @Sylvia- I am glad to see another SW fan aboard. I hope that you enjoy my posts on the theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.