2012/04/18

P is For...

In the continuation of the A to Z Challenge in my post today. We are to the letter P and that is for Padmé Amidala.  

Natalie Portman as Padmé Amidala
Amidala became the secret wife of Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and the mother of Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo, two of the most important figures in Galactic history.  Amidala was the democratically elected Queen of Naboo before representing the Chommell sector as a Senator in the Galactic Senate. As Queen of Naboo, Amidala fought bravely to liberate her people during the Trade Federation's invasion.

She and Anakin Skywalker feel in love after he was assigned to protect her following the  Battle of Geonosis. The two married in a secret ceremony on Naboo. Padme participated in many events of the Clone Wars, both political and military, while also becoming pregnant.

After Anakin slaughtered many Jedi, including younglings, Obi-Wan Kenobi came to tell Padmé about Anakin's transformation to the Sith Lord Darth Vader. She refused to believe him, and went to Mustafar to find her husband. Unknown to her, Kenobi had hidden aboard her ship in order to find his former apprentice. When Kenobi revealed himself, the newly christened Sith Lord assumed she had betrayed him, and he strangled his wife using the dark side, knocking her unconscious. 

With these event taking place, Padme was taken to a medical facility where she game birth. In that she also lost the will to live with her heart being scattered and strain of giving birth resulted in her death.

Do you any thought about having a Queen at age 14? Do you any overall thought of her life and/of her fashion?






Enhanced by Zemanta

11 comments:

  1. Such a tragic story I think of the relationship of Padme and Anakin. I can remember seeing her in one of the films and being like 10 years old having my sister paint my face in her full makeup with the funny red lips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really That would been interesting to see u dressed like Padme.

      Delete
  2. Too young for sure. I loved Padme as a character. And her fashion was necessary for a Queen. At least I would think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a Queen you need to be in current fashion.

      Delete
  3. First of all... it's Star Wars so the fashion has got to be "out of this world"! I loved everything she wore. For her fighting attire to her over-the-top head gear.

    Her and Anakin was like the space equivalent to Romeo and Juliet. She loved him so much that giving birth couldn't even make her heart happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True SW had to have over the top fashion. It was memorable that is for sure.

      I agree the storybetween Anakin her did have a strong resemblance Romeo and Juliet.

      Delete
  4. I didn't like the "new" Star Wars movies as much as I liked the first three. I couldn't muster up feelings about Padme in the same way that I could for Princess Lea. Probably has something to do with my age.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry to hear that you did care for the "new" movies.

      Delete
  5. Good choice Geeky Daddy! Padme dying was such a tragedy although the "dying of a broken heart thing" was pretty lame. My favorite outfit was the white one she wore fighting in the arena. Although the peacock outfit was pretty hilarious.
    - Maurice Mitchell
    The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
    @thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree some here outfits made me think... WOW.

      Delete
  6. The costumes that Padme wore are some of the few things that I enjoyed in the new trilogy. As for having a fourteen year old queen... I think I would have to move off of the planet. I taught high school for a year, and they are tempermental, vindictive brats at that age. I can only imagine how they would behave politically. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.