2012/04/17

O is For...

In the continuation of the A to Z Challenge in my post today. We are to the letter O and that stands for Owen Lars. I know many of you will wonder who?? He is known as Uncle Owen in a New Hope

He was a son of moisture farmer Cliegg Lars and the stepbrother of Anakin Skywalker. He married Beru Whitesun, and after his father's death, he inherited his job as a moisture farmer. In 19 BBY, Beru convinced Owen to adopt Anakin's son, Luke Skywalker, as Anakin had turned to the dark side and become the infamous Darth Vader.
Owen and Beru raised their nephew as well as they could, and Owen instilled into Luke the values of his own childhood. Fearful of Luke's potential, and distrustful of the outside galaxy, Owen attempted to keep Luke isolated and ignorant of his true parentage.

He is the first person in my theme that has not affiliation with the Republic nor the  Empire. Just imagine that your stepbrother turned out to be one of the most ruthless villains in all the galaxy. It is like being Stalin's immediate family.

Owen reminded me quite a bit about my upbringing. I was always at my grandpa's farmer, because my parents were always at work. On a farm there is always something to do or just tinker with as well.

Just imagine how different everything would have been if Own would not have adopted Luke?

12 comments:

  1. Being a Star Wars fan, of course I like the theme! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck in visiting every blog in challenge. I thank you for the visit..;)

      Delete
  2. The "plain" characters in life are always unappreciated. I wonder Luke realized how much Uncle Owen had prepared him for the task that would be his?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the average people are not appreciated as much as the spectacular sometimes. I hope that Luke looked back to see what Owen did for him throughout his life.

      Delete
  3. I don't recall this character. I know I should.

    But, I'm not sure if Luke destiny would have changed much. Right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Owen would not have taken Luke who knows what would have happened.

      Delete
  4. I remember Luke's stepbrother but I didn't know there was so much to learn about him. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that I educating SW fans on some of the lesser known characters. It is always great to learn something new in the SW universe.

      Delete
  5. LOL It takes the evil stepbrother concept to a whole new level. I'll bet growing up on a farm was interesting.
    - Maurice Mitchell
    The Geek Twins | Film Sketchr
    @thegeektwins | @mauricem1972

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...that is an interesting take on the step brother concept so I figure I would go with it. Yes, growing up on a farm there was always something to do. I like that Maurice.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad that you used Uncle Owen as your subject today. He was such a great character, and I cried in A New Hope despite not knowing him and Beru well. You're doing a great job with the theme. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked the theme due that I love SW obviously and it is a story that I can account for on a whim..:)) I am happy that you enjoyed the post, but I hope that I did not bring back some sad memories of a New Hope,

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.