2012/04/16

N is For...

In the continuation of the A to Z Challenge in my post today. We are to the letter N and it stands for Naboo.


Naboo  was a planet that was the sector capital of the Chommell sector near the Outer Rim territories. It was a largely unspoiled world with large plains, swamps and seas. It was mostly known as the homeworld of notable historical figures who played major roles in the downfall of the Galactic Republic and the rise of the Galactic Empire, namely Padmé Amidala, Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and Jar Jar Binks.

Once in power, Queen Amidala opened negotiations with the Trade Federation. However the Federation was scandalized by Naboo's resistance to its authority, which coincided with a Galactic Republic Senate tax on interstellar trade. Both actions were perceived by Federation leadership as a threat to their commercial interests and power. The Federation answered with a military blockade of Naboo, with the aim of forcing Naboo into subservience and to hopefully intimidate the Senate into repealing the taxation measure. The Federation leadership was secretly advised, and manipulated, by the Sith Lord Darth Sidious.

Do you have any thoughts of the world of Naboo?
Enhanced by Zemanta

13 comments:

  1. I always thought that Naboo was portrayed very beautifully in the films. I've only watched Episodes I-III all the way through once or twice each, so I can't remember much else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought that it would be a great place to visit.

      Delete
  2. I would love to visit Naboo. There are few places in a literary world, where I would say I'd like to visit. Maybe Hogwarts too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to agree that Hogwarts would be interesting place to visit as well. I sure so wish it was real.

      Delete
  3. No thoughts today, on Naboo or anything else. It's rather problematic when I think about it.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have the case of the Mondays..lol

      Delete
  4. I loved Naboo! Jar Jar's part of the world was refreshing and different. That's a planet I'd love to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so peaceful and would wonderful to see with my eyes.

      Delete
  5. Haha, I love Star Wars! And I'm with Mina, I'd LOVE to visit Naboo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i did enjoy star wars.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com
    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of Naboo... never watch Star Wars...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud that I knew exactly what you were talking about. Star Wars was a favorite in our home. Just stopping by on the challenge. Good to meet another Star Wars fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that there are so many SW obsessed fans out there in the galaxies far and near.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.