2012/04/12

K is For...

In the continuation of the A to Z Challenge in my post today. We are to the letter K and it stands for Obi-Wan Kenobi.

"You were the Chosen One! It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness!"

I am not that sure why, but Obi-Wan was always one of my favorite character in the Star Wars galaxy. He was a legendary Jedi Master who played a significant role in the fate of the galaxy during the waning days of the Galactic Republic. He was the mentor of Anakin, later know as Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker, training both in the ways of the Force. He had a long and tumultuous career that helped shape the fate of the entire galaxy.  

During the duel he and Vader had at the First Death Star. He sacrificed himself for Luke and the Falcon's crew to escape. Kenobi let down his guard and concentrated for a moment, vanishing to the spiritual plane; his body disappearing entirely just as Vader's lightsaber (instead of severing his body) passed through his empty robe. Kenobi became a Force ghost, and was more powerful than ever.

Everyone knows that after becoming a Force Ghost, Kenobi guided and counseled Luke in his Jedi journey. 

Do you wish that you had a Force Ghost of somebody to guide and counsel? If yes who, would it be?
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Kenobi was a fav of mine too.

    Yes I would want a Force Ghost and it would be my late younger brother. He was always so wise for being so young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my Force Ghost has to be from SW, it'd be Yoda. If it's IRL, I'd have to go with my Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I would probably have to pass on having a Force Ghost, unless it was Yoda or Kenobi. Having someone I know communicating with me after their passing would give me the major heebie-jeebies. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.