2012/04/11

J is For..

In the continuation of the A to Z Challenge in my post today. We are to the letter J and that is for Jar Jar Binks.

Jar Jar Binks was the first Gungan to represent his people in the Galactic Senate, first serving as a Junior Representative along with Senator Padmé Amidala, and then, after her death, serving as full Senator himself. He was also Jar Jar was also one of Qui-Gon Jinn's(Kenobi's master) companions during the Invasion of Naboo.

He was clumsier than most of his fellow Gungans, which was the reason why he was banished from Otoh Gunga. He would often explain his dislike, lashing out with his long tongue.With his clumsiness, I am surprised they allowed him to shoot a gun alone be a general. Maybe that is why he was a general for a short time.

During his career as Junior Representative, he acted as Amidala's proxy and proposed giving Supreme Chancellor Palpatine emergency powers in order to deal with the Separatist Crisis.

Seeing the movies, would you take Jar Jar seriously?

7 comments:

  1. Great post and thank you so much for your nice comment :)
    (sorry if you get more than one of these, I'm having a hard time publishing my comments, for some reason!)

    Nikki – inspire nordic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Jar Jar... I always root for the underdog, so I have a special fondness in my heart for the silly clutz. There are a lot of people who believe that he is the worst thing to happen to the Star Wars movies, but I would like to offer up Hayden Christensen. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do not understand where the Jar Jar hate cult is coming from. He cracks me up. Mayne because I am not the most agile person in the world either.

      Delete
    2. I dated a Jar Jar hater for a while. He detested his speech pattern (or whatever it's called) and what he believed was unnecessary comic relief. *shrugs* I was a kid when The Phantom Menace came out, so I thought it was hilarious. :-)

      Delete
  3. Jar Jar is my all time Fav characters! My kids love him. Me'sa likey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still get a good laugh out of him as well. I am glad you are likey him to.

      Delete
  4. I wish I could like Jar Jar, but really, he just depresses me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.