2012/04/05

E is For...

In the continuation of the A to Z Challenge in my post today.E is for Ewok.

Ewoks were sentient diminutive furry bipeds na...
If you have seen the Return of the Jedi. Then you know exactly what an Ewok is at least. For those who do not know. 
Ewoks were curious individuals that stood about one meter tall; they were omnivorous and used spears, slings, and knives as weapons; they also used hang gliders, battle wagons, and bordoks as vehicles. Although extremely skilled in forest survival and the construction of primitive technology like gliders and catapults, the Ewoks had yet to progress past stone-level technology when discovered by the Empire. They were quick learners, however, when exposed to advanced technology with simple mechanical processes and concepts.


The Ewoks were in allaince for the Rebellion towards the Empire. So yes they are good guys. The Ewoks are also a  tribal society meaning they have a chief. Think of a Native American tribe with the different men in that society.


I am just wondering what your thoughts are toward the Ewoks?
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

  1. I love Ewoks! I really liked that spin off Ewok movie (can't rememnber the title at the moment) as a kid. I want one for a sidekick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewoks are great! They even sing a song at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Ewoks even though they do just look like big fluffy teddy bears! Just goes to show no matter how little you are you can still cause some destruction and trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One year my little sister accidentally told me that my parents had gotten me of those cute stuffed Ewoks for Christmas--she said. "It starts with an "E" and ends with a "K". I freaked out "Ewok! Ewok!"

    She was 4 and didn't realize she could spell.
    ~2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ewoks are great! Lucas originally planned to have the Return of the Jedi battle on the Wookie home planet with Wookies instead... but then later on decided that the Wookies were technologically advanced and so he invented a new primitive race--the Ewoks--for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Ewoks! They're very helpful in the Return of the Jedi :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They really creep me out, I don't really know why :/

    Nikki – inspire nordic

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like to see what you are thinking.